Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"..THY WORD IS TRUTH."

“I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH” – NOT MY CHURCHES!
by: Dario D. Belviz

JESUS SAID: “And I say also unto thee, that thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church: and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it”
(Matthew 16:18). My friends what can we learn from this clear statement of Jesus? Join me open your Bible and “let us plead together”Isaiah 43:26. When Christ said “I will build my church” it means that;

1.) The church had not yet built when Jesus declared these words: I heard one time from the mouth of renowned Tele-evangelist here in the Philippines that according to him, the church mentioned by Jesus Christ in Matthew 16:18 had already established many years ago, he proved it by using Acts 7:38. If this kind of explanation is true, then, Jesus Christ would not have said “I will build my church” rather, he would say, “I have already built my church”. Friends, the church were not established prior to the declaration of Christ promise. We should be aware “Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirit whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world”I John 4:1.

2.) Jesus was to be the Builder of the church: The church was not established by Moses or other Patriarchs; it was not also built by Joseph Smith, Alexander Campbell or any other man who called themselves as God’s Messenger in the last days. It is very clear from the light of the scriptures that only Jesus Christ is the Builder, Author, great architect, the foundation and finisher of the church. (I Corinthians 3:10-11).

3.) The church belongs only to Christ: Jesus alone own the church, NOT MAN. Jesus Christ purchased it with His own blood – Acts 20:28 “ Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flocks over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood”. From this pin of Apostle Paul, we can learn that Christ did not purchase the church until he shed his own blood, or the church was not established before his death at the cross. Jesus Christ called it, “my church” (singular) not “my churches” (plural). The Scriptures also teaches us that there is only “ONE BODY” or “ONE CHURCH” (Eph. 4:4; Col.1:18, 24). If the claims of Denominational teachers that “ALL CHURCHES” throughout the world are owns by Christ was correct, then, Jesus Christ did not tell us the truth when He said “I will build my church”. My dear friend’s only “ONE CHURCH” is belong to Christ. It is under His Authority since He is the head of the body – the church (Matthew 28:18; Col.1:18, 24).

Now my dear friend’s, we know that Jesus Christ built His own church and established His Kingdom (Acts 2:47; 5:11; Col.1:13, 18, Revelation 5:9-10; Acts 20:28). We cannot be right before Jesus if we are not in His body – the church (I Peter 2:5-9). Christ is the Savior of the body – the church (Eph.5:23; Col.1:18, 24). Where are you now my friends, are you a member of the Lord’s Body – the church? If not, I invite you to search the scriptures (John 5:39; 2 Tim.3:15-17) hear the word (Rome 10:17) Believe (Hebrew 11:6) Repent (Acts 17:30) Confess (Rome 10:9-10) be Baptized (Mark 16:15-16; Acts 2:38; I Peter 3:21) and the Lord added you to the church “Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.” – Acts 2:47.

No comments:

Post a Comment